Sometimes we honestly don’t know why we bother. Because a lot of these natural boosters are quite similar, if you read a lot of them together, they can seem a bit samey. But we always try to make them at least a little different and always informative.
Then you hit on a booster like Testoboost from BioSciene Nutrition, which has exactly the same formula as several other brands we’ve reviewed recently. Come on guys, if you’re not going to put the effort in, why should we?
[Editor: Not only that – I actually think this is the THIRD supplement we’ve reviewed that’s called Testoboost. I had to check they were actually different products there.]
Its aims are fairly similar to a lot of other brands also, but that’s actually not uncommon. All these products are shooting for the same goal after all. These are:
- Higher T
- Greater strength and stamina
- Improved athletic performance
It’s not even like it’s a particularly good formula that’s being copied milligram for milligram. It’s like having the power of human cloning and only using it to make Rob Schneiders or something.
Still at least there’s no proprietary blends. Every ingredient and its dose is on the label – several labels actually – so we can see it in all it’s underwhelming, unoriginal glory. Yippee ki yay.
How Does It Work?
At a Glance
- Magnesium to stimulate free T
- Zinc to support T production
- Tribulus Terrestris to allegedly boost T
- Chrysin supposedly also boosts test
- Longjack & Horny Goat Weed to help sex drive and erection strength
- Saw Palmetto to promote prostate health
- Cissus Quadrangularis & Hawthorn berries to help weight loss and joints
So far so similar, maybe we’ll find some differences when we break down the detail after the scores …
Zinc and magnesium are well dosed here just like they are in all the others, but that’s just about the only saving grace. After that there’s the same 750mg of tribulus, which, if these makers have checked the research instead of each other’s cruddy formulas, they would know is discredited.
From there it’s the same tired line up of filler ingredients. Mainly libido boosters which might be a small bonus if most of them weren’t given just 50mg each. Unbelievably lazy.
Typical isn’t it? In nearly every other aspect Testoboost is identical to its many dopplegangers, but when it comes to price suddenly they’ve decided to add a little somethin’.
Testoboost may only be around $20 but when you consider it’s lack of quality and the fact you can get a clone for cheaper, it’s far from good value. However low they sell this thing it won’t be as low as our opinion of it.
To be fair to Testoboost, just like the rest of the samesies, they’re cGMP okayed and don’t use any proprietary blends. That’s as nice as we’re willing to be though. Its not just the weak formula. It’s the fact that they’ve gone for the supplement version of a ready meal. ‘Just add name and label to seriously cash in!’
There are a lot of boosters out there which really are trying to boost our T and just don’t get it quite right, but if they’ve made their own mistakes at least we can respect that.
Testoboost is actually a strong seller and quite well reviewed on Amazon but as we always say this is of limited use. The feedback is usually low on detail both as far as the product and the person who wrote the review.
Of course we’re not saying every Amazon thumbs up is a scam, but in a product that seems content to cut corners to make a quick buck, we want more depth from testimonials to convince us.
Like a lot of the other brands that use this carbon copy method there’s not a lot of info on BioScience Nutrition. Apart from the fact that they’re U.S. based, sell mainly though Amazon and have a 40% rating on MetaReviews as far as legitimacy. Not great.
How Do I Take It?
Users take 3 capsules before bed.
‘Oh’ you may be thinking, ‘Is this one of those PM boosters?’ Well, that would make sense, but no it isn’t and no it doesn’t.
Assuming this booster actually helps your test any, a single serving is only going to sustain effects for maybe 3 hours, which you’ll likely be sleeping through. I ask you, just what the hell is the point in that?
Any Testoboost Side Effects?
Saw palmetto may cause stomach upset and headaches in rare cases. Other than that one plus of few effects means even less chance of side effects.
Where Can I Get It?
If you are looking for Testoboost you can find it at Amazon.com.
Ingredients – In Detail
To be fair 30mg of zinc is a strong opening. You need this mineral, which is difficult to get enough of from diet alone, to produce healthy T. This is for building blocks of testosterone like luteinizing hormone, growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. Good start.
Only a certain percentage of your overall T is active in your body. This is because a protein known as SHBG attaches to T and renders it unusable. One of the best natural ways to lower your SHBG is using magnesium. A solid dose like this will help up your free T and give you more to work with. I hope Testoboost enjoyed its brief moment in the sun.
This is Testoboost (and a disappointing number of other)’s biggest mistake. Giving 750mg to an ingredient that hasn’t been credible for decades, is a pretty big red flag that it’s a booster doesn’t really know what it’s about.
Clinical trial after clinical trial has declared this useless. Waste of time and money.
If you’ve seen any of these mirror image formulas before now, you’ll know what’s coming, if you don’t brace yourself.
This can help T but only when injected directly into the testicles according to studies. There’s no real help from oral supplementation. Pass.
There’s some evidence that if you have clinically low T this (a.k.a longjack, tongkat ali) can bring you back to normal range. However if you’re looking to reach your peak like we are it’s not much help.
It’s best know for its positive effects on sex drive, but at such a low dose even that’s not a sure thing.
Horny Goat Weed
There’s a clue in the name what Horny goat weed will do for you. Thankfully it won’t make you like the Fonz to that particular farm yard animal, but it will help your libido. Possibly also improve the strength of erections, but at just 50mg, don’t hold your breath (or anything else.)
Saw Palmetto Berries
Saw palmetto can actually aid with prostate health, which is really important for guys as we age. Again though, just 50mg isn’t going to do a whole lot. No help for T sadly.
Helps promote healthy joints. Yeah, we don’t really know what it’s here for either.
There’s zero help for your T here. Just some antioxidant effects and (in a bigger dose than 50mg) possibly some natural weight loss help.
Vitamin D3, D-Aspartic Acid, boron, vitamin B6, any hint of originality.
Nutrisuppz Ultra Test, Natrogix Ultra Test, Pro Test Boost, Testoboost. We advise you just avoid them all. If there was a supplement equivalent of the manufactured boy band this formula is it.
Different name, different slick presentation, but essentially the same cookie cutter crap rushed out to make money.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Cinar V, Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R, Kilic M. Testosterone levels in athletes at rest and exhaustion: effects of calcium supplementation. Karaman High School of Physical Education and Sport, Selcuk University, Karaman, Turkey (2008)
- Excoffon, L., Guillaume, Y. C. Magnesium effect on testosterone–SHBG association studied by a novel molecular chromatography approach Université de Franche-Comté (2009)
- Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM. The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players. (2007)
- Neychev VK, Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. (2005)
- Gambelunghe C, Rossi R, Sommavilla M, Ferranti C, Rossi R, Ciculi C, Gizzi S, Micheletti A, Rufini S. Effects of chrysin on urinary testosterone levels in human males. Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Sports Medicine-Laboratorio delle Attività Motorie e Sportive, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy (2003)
- Shindel AW, Xin ZC, Lin G, Fandel TM, Huang YC, Banie L, Breyer BN, Garcia MM, Lin CS, Lue TF Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo. University of California Knuppe Molecular Urology Laboratory-Department of Urology, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA (2010)
- Ismail SB, Wan Mohammad WM, George A, Nik Hussain NH, Musthapa Kamal ZM, Liske E. Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia for the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men. School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan, 16150 Kubang Kerian, Malaysia. (2012)
- Bertaccini A1, Giampaoli M, Cividini R, Gattoni GL, Sanseverino R, Realfonso T, Napodano G, Fandella A, Guidoni E, Prezioso D, Galasso R, Cicalese C, Scattoni V, Armenio A, Conti G, Corinti M, Spasciani R, Liguori G, Lampropoulou N, Martorana G. Observational database serenoa repens (DOSSER): overview, analysis and results. A multicentric SIUrO (Italian Society of Oncological Urology) project. Clinica Urologica, Policlinico Sant’Orsola-Malpighi, Università di Bologna, Italy. (2012)
- Kim SJ, Um JY, Lee JY. Anti-inflammatory activity of hyperoside through the suppression of nuclear factor-κB activation in mouse peritoneal macrophages. College of Oriental Medicine, Institute of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, 130-701, Republic of Korea (2011)
- Julius Oben, Dieudonne Kuate,1 Gabriel Agbor, Claudia Momo, Xavio Talla The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome Department of Biochemistry, University of Yaoundé I, Yaoundé, Cameroon (2006)