Sheer Test Review
As tempted as we are to believe the title of a product and recommend you buy it straight away, ‘Best Song Ever’ by One Direction taught us a harsh lesson in that respect.
As such Sheer Test from Sheer Strength Labs is down for the usual full metal review.
The product has 3 simple aims:
- To improve your libido
- To increase muscle mass
- To enhance performance in the gym
All sounds great … let’s get straight on and see if this is anywhere near the real deal.
How Does It Work?
Sheer Test gets on my good side straight away by avoiding the use of proprietary blends.
What this means is all ingredients and their doses are right there on the label, giving you a much better understanding of the effect this booster is likely to have and putting your mind at rest as far as any potentially nasty surprises.
At a Glance
- Fenugreek manages blood sugars and helps insulin levels
- Magnesium & zinc included to help free T and overall T
- Established effective booster vitamin D3 included
- D-Aspartic Acid included, but at a low dose
We’ll get to how well all this works right after we’ve dealt with the overall scores.
Vitamin D, zinc, magnesium fenugreek are all strong testosterone boosters and dosed effectively, but the small amount of D-Aspartic Acid is really and lack of any anti-estrogen choices is disappointing. There are some good libido boosters here too although a couple are speculative in terms of the research or are there in too small an amount.
$35 is about mid-range for this kind of booster. Despite the odd ingredient letting it down Sheer Test is solid and potentially worth a try. That said if you’re going to shelling out for a booster on a monthly basis, you probably want one a little more than solid.
Sheer Testo is produced in the U.S and is subject to all that country’s manufacturing checks and balances, so no worries there. It also doesn’t use any proprietary blends so you don’t lose any info there. Some ingredients don’t have strong clinical credentials though or have too little volume to be effective.
We have to rely on Amazon.com reviews for reviews which isn’t ideal as they can be patchy and untrustworthy. Still 4 out of 5 stars isn’t bad based on some 2000 customers feeding back. Still prefer in-depth testimonals however
Sheer Strength Labs originally operate out of Chicago and have built up quite the product range in their short time in the market. Fat burners, creatine, and multi-vitamins are just a few of their options besides testosterone with apparently more to come.
There’s plenty to admire about Sheer Strength; they shun proprietary blends, offer a money back guarantee and even a military discount, but they are not as established as other of their competitors and the effectiveness of some products divides opinion.
How Do I Take It?
Sheer Test directs that you take a single serving of 3 capsules in the morning. The best boosters suggest 3 or 4 a day, but these should out evenly to keep those active ingredients working for the full day. A single morning dose will see any effects gradually taper out.
Any Sheer Test Side Effects?
There have been no reported side effects resulting from Sheer Strength.
Where Can I Get It?
Sheer Strength is available from Amazon.com for around $35. It is not currently available in the UK.
Ingredients – In Detail
Often called the sunshine vitamin because it is created when sunlight hits our skin, levels of vitamin D are directly linked to the amount of testosterone our system creates. That’s why male hormone tends to spike during summer.
As the sun is only guaranteed for the luckiest of us, supplementing is a great idea and 3000IU is round about the minimum dose to start simulating things. Sheer Testosterone doesn’t reveal what form the vitamin D takes, but D3 is the most absorbable.
Another strong choice living up to the brand name. Zinc is vital for the building blocks of testosterone like luteinizing hormone, human growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. A high percentage of guys with low testosterone are also lacking in zinc so it’s worth keeping yourself topped up. Most people’s daily tolerance is 30mg, exactly what’s on offer in one serving of Sheer Testosterone.
60% of the testosterone in our bodies can potentially be tied up by a protein called Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, which makes male hormone unusable. One of the best ways to naturally correct this is magnesium, it frees up the trapped T allowing us to put more to good use. 200mg is a solid amount to well capable of getting that important job done.
Sometimes called Longjack this herb’s real strength is as a consistent libido booster. Certain studies have shown that it may return men suffering with clinically low testosterone back to within normal range, but this is disputed and sex drive improvement is the only solidly proven benefit.
This amino acid is still one of the best natural testosterone boosters available. Solid clinical evidence consistently finds it is capable of increasing male hormone levels. A prime example is an Italian study in 2009, which reported D-AA was able to increase testosterone by 42% in just 12 days. The only real complaint about Sheer Strength’s use of this ingredient is that, at 650mg, it doesn’t contain nearly enough. Over 3000mg is generally agreed to be the minimum needed and the more the better.
An African shrub used in traditional medicine as a sort of natural Viagra, it has shown an ability to improve erections in clinical trials performed on rats. Few human studies yet so far though. That makes the decision to include a hefty 500mg in Sheer Testosterone questionable.
Fenugreek is a great selection because not only has it been shown to significantly boost libido, it can also regulate blood glucose, which helps to balance insulin and prevent testosterone production being damaged. There is some evidence that it also helps free testosterone (hormone not tied up by SHBG and available to use.) 500mg is in line with the dose given in many successful studies.
Gingko is a widely studied nootropic, which some consider promising as another alternative treatment for erectile dysfunction, as it increases nitric oxide and strengthens blood flow.
Elements of a great booster, and they have included some stellar testosterone boosting ingredients. Disappointing they have included Longjack and underdosed the DAA though. No estrogen control and some speculative choices won the libido side.
A decent product but nowhere near pushing for the top 3.
Studies Quoted in the Review
- Topo E, Soricelli A, D’Aniello A, Ronsini S, D’Aniello G. The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats. Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Napoli, Italy (2009)
- D’Aniello et al D-Aspartate, a Key Element for the Improvement of Sperm Quality . Advances in Sexual Medicine, Vol. 2 No. 4, 2012, pp. 45-53
- Pilz, S et al. Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men. Medical University of Graz, Austria (2011)
- Wehr, E et al. Association of vitamin D status with serum androgen levels in men Medical University of Graz, Austria (2010)
- Kilic, M et al. The effect of exhaustion exercise on thyroid hormones and testosterone levels of elite athletes receiving oral zinc. Selçuk University, Konya, Turkey 2016
- Steels E, Rao A, Vitetta L. Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum extract and mineral formulation. Applied Science and Nutrition Pty Ltd, Clinical Trials, Brisbane, Australia.
- Wilborn C et al Effects Of A Purported Aromatase And 5α-reductase Inhibitor On Hormone Profiles In College-age Men Dept. of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Belton, TX, USA.
- Tambi MI, Imran MK, Henkel RR. Standardised water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat ali, as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism? Wellmen Clinic, Damai Service Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2012)
- Kochhar A, Nagi M. Effect of supplementation of traditional medicinal plants on blood glucose in non-insulin-dependent diabetics: a pilot study Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (2005)
- Maggio M. et al Magnesium and anabolic hormones in older men Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Parma, Parma, Italy (2011)
- Excoffon, L., Guillaume, Y. C. Magnesium effect on testosterone-SHBG association studied by a novel molecular chromatography approach Université de Franche-Comté (2009)
- Kanowski S, Herrmann WM, Stephan K, Wierich W, Hörr R. Proof of efficacy of the ginkgo biloba special extract EGb 761 in outpatients suffering from mild to moderate primary degenerative dementia of the Alzheimer type or multi-infarct dementia. Department of Gerontopsychiatry, Free University Berlin, Germany. (1996)