- What personally identifiable information we collect, how we use it and how it is shared.
- Your options in relation to the use of your data, and how you can prevent this data being collected.
- The relevant GDPR regulation we are bound by in relation to data collection.
- Who the data controllers are
- Your other rights
As we are based in the United Kingdom we are regulated by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. In this respect we are responsible as the ‘controller’ of the personal information of our users.
What Information Do We Collect?
We use Google Analytics (hereafter referred to as the ‘Analytics’) services to collect information about the visitors to this site. Information collected through Analytics includes, amongst others;
- Time spent on each page
- Which page you entered the site and which one you exited on
- Your geographic location
- The type of device used to access the site, it’s screen site, operating system etc
We use this information solely for the purpose of improving the usability of the site, fixing problems and generally trying to make the site a better and more useful place to visit. We do not share this information with any third parties other than Google, who provide the analytics.
We collect this information using the following technologies ‘Cookies’, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition, the server is set up to create ‘Log files’ of your visit. This is a digital record tracking actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Do Not Track
We do not alter the Site data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. You are advised to install a 3rd party Adblocker to your browser to prevent analytics tracking scripts executing.
We do not store any personal or identifiable information about you unless you i) Place a comment on the site or ii) Submit a form through the contact form.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you are a European resident please note that the device information collected by Google Analytics will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
The Site is are not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
We are the Data Controller for information used on this site.
In addition to the rights set out above concerning your Personal Data, you also have the following rights:
- You have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of data carried out before you withdrew your consent. You may withdraw your consent by emailing us at rob [at] HowToLiveHealthy.com.
- In some circumstances, these rights may be limited or conditional. For example, whether or not you have the right to data portability in a particular case depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
Data Protection Officer
We have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions about the data processing activities performed by us, you are welcome to contact our DPO by email at: rob [at] HowToLiveHealthy.com