This salad makes a delicious side or a big serving for a light meal..
What You Need
- 1 large beet, thoroughly washed
- 1 avocado, slightly firm
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap beet in foil and bake for about an hour, until tender. Set aside to cool and remove skin.
- To prepare the dressing, combine olive oil, grain and Dijon mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, agave and salt in a glass jar. Shake vigorously, add chia seeds and let sit for a few minutes
- In the meantime, using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, thinly slice the cooled beet. Arrange slices on 2 salad plates. Dice avocado and place in the center of each plate. Sprinkle nuts and chopped chives all around and top with chia dressing.
Recipe courtesy of mayihavethatrecipe.com